If you’re like us here at WineLoversVillage, who needs a reason to enjoy a good bottle of wine? Not us and we’re guessing, not you. But if you do want to try to explain yourself to others, then say cheers to these National Wine days for 2023!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and buy, WineLoversVillage will get a small commission. Thank you for your support!
National Wine Days in 2023
There are at least 17 national wine days identified by the National Day Calendar and we don’t want anyone to miss a reason to pop that cork on your favorite wine day.
The season of National Wine Day kicks off in February and winds up on New Year’s Eve. Although January doesn’t officially name wine days, wine tastes good, especially in January.
Not that anyone needs a special day to enjoy fine wine, but why not have just one more reason to get away for a few days? Read on for our updated calendar of national wine days.
Here is the 2023 National Wine Day calendar:
January is all about starting over and many kick off the New Year with “dry” January. That could be why we couldn’t find any national wine days in January. But hey, if you’re a lover of wine like us, then who needs a national wine “holiday” to open your favorite bottle?
February Wine Days
- February 1, Furmint Day #furmintday
- February 16, Syrah Day #syraday
- February 18, Global Drink Wine Day #drinkwineday
- February 26, Open That Bottle Night
March National Wine Days
- March 3, National Mulled Wine Day
- March 13, International Reisling Day
April Wine Days
- April 14, Tannat Day
- April 17, International Malbec Day
- April 27, World Marselan Day
May National Wine Days
- May 6, International Sauvignon Blanc Day
- May 9, National Moscato Day
- May 17, National Pinot Grigio Day
- May 25, National Wine Day
- May 26, National Chardonnay Day
June National Wine Days
- June 4, National Cheese Day
- June 11-16, National Prosecco Week
- June 13, National Rosé Day
- June 20, Drink Chenin Blanc Day
- June 21, Lambrusco Day
July Wine Days
- 1st Week of July, Sparkling Wine Week
- July 25, Wine and Cheese Day
- July 28, Shiraz Day
August National Wine Days
- August 1, National Albariño Day
- August 4, National White Wine Day
- August 18, National Pinot Noir Day
- August 30, National Red Wine Day
September Wine Days
- September 1 (Thursday before Labor Day), International Cabernet Day
- September 11, International Grenache Day
October National Wine Days
- October 8, Pinotage Day
- October 15, National Champagne Day
- October 27, Carignan Day
November National Wine Days
- November 7, International Merlot Day
- November 12, International Tempranillo Day
- November 16, National Zinfandel Day
- November 24, Carménère Day
December Wine Days
- December 4, National Cabernet Franc Day
- December 5, National Prohibition Repeal Day is the perfect day to celebrate with your favorite vino.
- December 20, Sangria Day
- December 31, National Champagne Day
Read more: Top 4 red wine varietals for summer
National Champagne Day!
Don’t forget that National Champagne Day comes around every year on December 31! The last of the national wine days of the year is National Champagne Day on New Year’s Eve and the perfect ending to a year.